What you need to know about Utah’s new ‘Steady State‘ COVID-19 response

This previous week, we introduced that it’s time for Utah’s response to the coronavirus pandemic to shift to higher match the place we’re.

By March 31, our response will transition to what we’re calling a “Regular State.” Some parts of the response will transition to being the duty of our extremely succesful well being care methods. This can enable our public well being system to refocus on issues a public well being system would usually take care of, like illness surveillance, information assortment and reporting, vaccinations, and public consciousness. If we see one other surge, we’ll preserve groups and contracts that enable for ramping again up rapidly if essential.

Right here’s what this implies for you.

COVID-19 testing in Utah

Testing websites throughout the state will shut as we transition away from group websites to well being care settings, personal suppliers — for occasions and journey — and at-home testing.

We nonetheless suggest sure folks search testing, together with older folks with high-risk circumstances, weak populations and people who work with them and people who typically go to weak folks. These Utahns ought to search testing via their well being care supplier.

Well being care and therapy of COVID-19 in Utah

Just like testing, well being care and coverings will develop into extra absolutely primarily based within the well being care system. Monoclonal antibody therapies can be found in hospitals and pressing cares statewide. Well being care suppliers throughout the state at the moment are in a position to prescribe oral antivirals.

State contracts for COVID constructive long-term care amenities are drawing to an in depth and we’re demobilizing UDOH therapy websites. Public well being will, nonetheless, proceed to assist navigating weak populations to care.

COVID-19 information reporting in Utah

Utah will proceed to supply public info, however much less typically. We might be lowering dashboard replace frequency from every day to weekly.

We all know this isn’t over and can proceed watching the info intently, monitoring wastewater, clinic and ER visits, hospitalizations, and deaths. We’re additionally maintaining a tally of new variants or any enhance in circumstances and can ramp again up if wanted.

COVID-19 vaccines in Utah

Vaccines have been and would be the surest manner out of the pandemic. This administration is devoted to getting vaccines to as many individuals as potential. 

That features vaccinations for youngsters youthful than 5 as quickly as they’re licensed. We’ve made nice strides in making ready for this: At the very least 79% of the state’s well being care suppliers who take part within the Vaccines for Youngsters program are additionally now enrolled to manage COVID vaccines. We are going to proceed to work with the remaining 21% of suppliers to persuade them to supply COVID vaccines to their sufferers as properly.

We all know that vaccination stays one of the simplest ways to guard your self from the coronavirus. Please assist out our group by getting vaccinated at the moment!

Transferring ahead

This isn’t the “finish” of the pandemic. We’re nonetheless maintaining a tally of the longer term and are able to ramp again up if essential. However we’ve made nice strides in preventing the pandemic:

Prior to now two years, we’ve 

  • introduced an extra 917,000+ circumstances.
  • processed greater than 9.1 million exams.
  • administered greater than 4.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
  • closed colleges, and safely re-opened them.

The entire key metrics are shifting in the appropriate route. Vaccines are broadly obtainable and hopefully quickly everybody older than six months might be eligible to obtain the vaccine. Remedies are extra broadly obtainable, and provides are bettering each week. Testing is obtainable within the consolation of your personal house! Hospitals and ICUs — and the well being care staff who employees them — are nonetheless at excessive ranges, as they path behind different indicators, however they too are lastly beginning to see some reduction.

As all the time, you’ll find coronavirus info at coronavirus.utah.gov and well being.utah.gov.

###

Leave a Reply